semua komen terdahulu telah ghaib di alam siber, dengan ghaibnya servis 'blogextra' yang digunapakai dahulunya
BEST VIEW WITH MOZILLA FIREFOX. Get it here

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Parting with my smart ... soon

It was 18 months ago when I bought this cool piece of engineering. It's cute and fun to drive and comes in all sorts of colour coordination. Funny thing is, whenever a smart bumps into another of its kind on the road, the drivers would either wave or flash his/her headlights as if we're in a club. Obviously it has a league of its own. With 600cc Mercedes engine and interchangeable plastic body cladding designed by the watchmaker Swatch, it does make a colourful statement on the roads. And it takes about 20 litres of petrol to fill up.

What I like about my Smart is that it's very easy to drive [mine is both auto and manual, on an easy one-touch button selection] and squeeze thru the congested urban areas. Especially during Friday prayers when parking space is hardly available, I could simply tuck my Smart in a little space in between cars, normally perpendicular to the curb [the length of a Smart is equals to the width of a standard car, i.e. 2 Smarts can occupy 1 parking space, 90degree] .... and this turned many eyes.




The problem is, since we had an addition to the family and my other half just went back to work after her 6-month maternity leave, on a few occasions I've to take both princesses with me and obviously a space for a third person is non-existence in Smart. So, I'm forced to change into a more practical machine. We are pondering between:

1. Yaris
2. Mini
3. Micra
4. 206cc
or if we have the dosh,
5. ML270, or even the best...
6. RX300 [to complement our IS200SE]

So far, we had 230E, E200, and 318i... time for another change.

Mmmmm.... big decision.

Comments: Post a Comment