semua komen terdahulu telah ghaib di alam siber, dengan ghaibnya servis 'blogextra' yang digunapakai dahulunya
BEST VIEW WITH MOZILLA FIREFOX. Get it here

Thursday, May 05, 2005

X

pooling stationThis was what greeted me as I approached the place earlier this afternoon, only 100metres from my door steps. With its door opened until 10pm, there was plenty of time for people to fulfill their duty to the country. And we all shall wake up tomorrow morning to a new beginning....

On a parallel universe, in many schools across this country, general election has given them a greater opportunity to learn and understand more about politics and government. Many schools run their own mini elections at the same time; jumping into the bandwagon of the election fever and promoting interest among pupils to a better understanding of the basic political game.

Kakak's school has done the same. Over the past few weeks, they've been learning about politics, democracy, parliment and the structure of government. I guess, when I was 8 year old, politics/election was for me, merely posters and 'pondok panas'. For Kakak's year, the 3 parties contested - Tidy, Fit, and Healthy - have been putting lots of posters and conducting campaigns. Today, as the nation did, they too crossed their little ballot papers whilst Kakak was one of the Returning Officers. She counted the votes and verified the winner. Only not to be told to anyone as only tomorrow the teacher will announce it all.

"I believe totally in a Capitalist System, I only wish that someone would try it" - FLlW

Comments: Post a Comment